Lovely snow conditions continue here in Méribel, all the way to the end of this ski season. Yes, the weather is a little more spring-like now, with warmer weather during the day. The snow freezing every night up at higher levels helps prolong the life of the pistes. There is no doubting that summer is on the way, however we are certainly enjoying the last few days of the season.
The pistes remain reasonably quiet, even though it's the local holidays, and Easter holidays as well. The resort has a much more relaxed atmosphere compared to the main school holiday periods earlier in the winter. The official snow depths are 50cm at 1450m, and 200cm up at 2700m. There are still 52 pistes open out of a total of 64. This is providing us with more than enough skiing here in the Méribel valley, not forgetting that there is way more available over in the Courchevel valley, and the Belleville valley including Val Thorens.
More Meribel Insights...
- Le Tour de France 2020 comes to Meribel
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Meribel
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Meribel
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20