December is a very special month to visit Méribel and the first weeks of the season are treasured by locals. There’s the thrill of being back on skis and the excitement of the start of a brand new season. The virgin snow is soft and un-skied and, best of all, the slopes are empty with a total absence of lift queues. Having the valley virtually to yourself in early December is the closest you can come to owning your private ski area…
In these quiet, pre-Christmas weeks, there are always great deals to be found on holidays and flights. Why not sneak out for some early-season skiing and find out why this time of year is a favourite with those in the know?
More Meribel Insights...
- Perfect piste skiing in Meribel
- Meribel Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to Meribel this weekend
- 2020 is the year of fair weather skiing in Meribel
- First snow report of 2020 from Meribel
- Happy New Year from Meribel!
- Après Ski with Jay Tamkin at Lodge du Village, Meribel Village
- Apres Ski at Jacks Bar, Meribel - Centre
- Tuesdays with Hobo Chic at The Brewer's Den, Meribel - Centre
- Rock n' Roll Bingo at The Brewer's Den, Meribel
- Après Ski with Hobo & The Preacherman at Lodge du Village, Meribel Village
- Meet the husky sled dogs, Meribel