After a sunny fortnight, the weather has returned to conditions more typical of mid-winter with heavy overnight snowfalls and -11ºC on the summits. We woke this morning to 20cm of fresh snow in the resort and the sound of the avalanche guns echoing around the valley.
This is a wonderful top-up to pistes that were still in good shape for April. How amazing to be skiing powder snow still in the last weeks of the season!
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Meribel
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Meribel
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019